Friday, October 15, 2010
A Year Has Passed By...
After reflecting on the past year, it has flown by with the birth of Brody. He is just shy of 12 months old. My life has been changed in many ways. Most profoundly, my friend Jenny has beat breast cancer and for this I am grateful to God. I've moved spiritually into a better place. I am faithfully trying to live in the world, but not be of the world. It may sound crazy or not so much fun to most of my fun loving friends. However, TV, magazines, reality TV, big cars, and fancy house don't do it for me. I am not better than others because I don't subscribe or watch what 98 % of Americans might do. I just have no use for it. It clogs my spiritual arteries. I feel more free and peaceful retreating from it. Don't get me wrong...I read the news and I keep updated on what is going on outside my shell. I'd rather live in this world watching the leaves fall and breathing in the air with a spirit of thankfulness and prayer. I'd rather read a good book, drink some good coffee, read the Bible, pray the rosary, watch someone's kids so they can have a break, go to the adoration chapel and just be still in quiet with the Lord, write in a journal, play with the kids, or run..yes, I said it...run. Well, I am playing some volleyball these days! There I am fully alive! Children are the greatest blessing to me and I am happy to be gifted with these little souls. I am always asked if it is tough having five children. No, not really. My life is full. I am never bored. I am always in demand and when my patience is short someone puts me back in my place to remind me how much I love and am loved. Life is Good. Abby pointed this out to me this morning. She asked if I wanted one of those shirts and I said...I don't need a shirt to live my life in a way that I know Life is Good. I have a reminder everyday: Ted and all of his little guys and girls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment