"Another, picture, Mom?" says Allison. When is it enough? Never!
Mostly, I like to think of my role as a Mother as channeling positive energy and filtering the negative into the garbage. However, the role of these children have been to teach me to be resilent!
Abby has poison ivy and has had it for over two weeks...bouts with steriods have not helped too much. She has a topical med now that you cannot get near your eyes. You should read the horrifying side effects and I am putting this on my 6 year old's face. Sometimes I wish I could not read and just live in oblivion. At least, besides the itching she is fairly well-tempered. Kids are more resilent than us adults at times! At Vacation Bible School... she was worried that they were going to identify her as the "leper" as they were recounting the story of Jesus healing the leper.
On the way to the doc again for the poison ivy...Libby got overheated in the car and threw up Cheetos puke everywhere. That was one way to keep me from eating Cheetos for a very, very long time. After a roadside change, odd looks from passerbyers, and such...we were on our way back home to try for the appt. at a later TBD time. Libby was finishing her Happy Meal on the way home...resilent.
Teddy has been dealing with life outside the womb. I have one word for that: resilent. Can you imagine three doting sisters? The women in the nursery realized nothing can get passed this Y Mom. The Y workers said that Abby was documenting their every move with him while I was working out today. Allison was sneaking around and making sure that they were nice to him. Lib kept telling everyone that is,"My Teddy and calling him "sweet boy". He is very loved.
Allison continues to amaze me with her ability to stay patient and learn things be oral instruction. At four, she repairs toys and adds new batteries using a screwdriver, cleans DVDs and handles most technical difficulties, signs on to her web-kin web sire by herself, and finds inventive ways of getting the job done. She is a lot of fun to watch her mind work: independent and resourceful. She is resilent.
No comments:
Post a Comment