Well, Ted and I bit the bullet and got satellite. We don't have time to watch much TV, but it sure is nice when I am nursing and the kids are not so patient with me. At least, with #4 they are old enough to help Lib do most things and they can help me. It was difficult when Abby and Ally were so little and needing things right when I had to nurse Lib. I can handle anything now!
We were without any kind of cable, satellite, etc since the end of April. We decided to cut it for the summer and see how it went. I just had it and decided to take the Direct TV new deal that was out there. I wanted to at least get basic, but we ended up with a little more for now. The kids are now not used to watching much so it is a treat. Also, we realized how much crud we were absorbing into our minds and thoughts on TV. You are what you watch. There is so much out there that is just horrific. I hate reality TV and the fact that our society is all consumed by it. I know that most people love it, but that is my opinion.
Anyway, glad to get my HGTV back for boring nursing times. The kids sometimes watch Noggin which seems to be the only channel I can keep on without worrying about content. Sadly enough, I cannot do that with Disney and other channels they say are for kids. My kid is the only 6 year old that is not in love with Hannah Montana...oh well, she has better things to do! We don't watch Sponge Bob either because he is just rude and teaches bad manners. I know they will get it from a kid so I don't need it ingrained in their heads right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment